Fixed Term Contract to 31 August 2017
European Project Coordinator
Salary: £25,521 inc ILW
Location: Hackney London
Closing date: 5 August 2016 5pm
Interview date and location: w/c 8 August 2016 – Hackney, London
Volunteering Matters (formerly CSV) has been leading UK volunteering in policy and practice for 54 years. We develop and deliver effective volunteer-led solutions to some of the most significant challenges facing individuals and their communities today. We know, through years of successful work, that investing in people through the power of volunteering makes a tangible difference; improving health and wellbeing, building stronger more cohesive communities and achieving lasting results. Our vision is of a society where everyone can participate in their local community through volunteering and social action. Our mission is to invest in people through volunteering to reduce inequalities and isolation, improve health and well being and so build a stronger more inclusive society.
Volonteurope was established in May 1981 as an international NGO under Dutch law. Volonteurope is a leading European civil society network promoting volunteering, active citizenship and social justice. Its’ Secretariat is hosted and supported by Volunteering Matters, the UK’s leading volunteering and social action charity.
Through its membership of over 50 civil society organisations, partner networks and platforms across Europe, Volonteurope implements innovative approaches to encourage active European citizenship and enhancing participatory democracy at local, regional, national and European level.
Volonteurope is committed to the principle that every person has a role to play as an active citizen in their community and that access to volunteering should be a right for everyone. The network works with EU institutions and has a co-representation with the European Volunteer Centre CEV on the European Economic and Social Committee Civil Society Liaison Group. It is a member of Social Platform, European Alliance for Volunteering and an associate member of Life Long Learning Platform, and an active partner of SOLIDAR, European Civic Forum and other networks and umbrella bodies in Europe.
Volonteurope receives its main source of funding from an operating grant under the European Commission’s ‘Europe for Citizens’ Programme. The Network is managed by the Secretary General (also Head of European Affairs at Volunteering Matters) with strategic input from the Volonteurope Board
Reporting to Volunteering Matters’ Head of European Affairs/Volonteurope Secretary General, the post holder will coordinate European projects so far secured by the European Office and the Secretariat. Key responsibilities, amongst others, will include:
1. Coordinate all European Projects, including the Erasmus+ Key Action 2 Strategic Partnership projects and the EU Aid Volunteers Technical Assistance project.
2. Develop the contents of the European projects in agreement and cooperation with other project partners located in other European countries, build relationships with the project partners and develop new ones with further stakeholders.
3. Deliver training modules; create toolkits and curricula, and other intellectual outputs, as required by the contents of the European projects.
4. Ensure the successful delivery of all of Volunteering Matters’ and Volonteurope’s obligations as specified by the project plans and project agreements with partners, by actively engaging the most appropriate client groups.
5. Work with Volunteering Matters’ Head of European Affairs/Volonteurope Secretary General on further positioning and strengthening Volunteering Matters’ and Volonteurope’s presence and brand at European level, particularly in the field of lifelong learning and youth engagement.
6. Attend European project meetings of partners and represent Volunteering Matters and Volonteurope.
7. Engage with institutional stakeholders at EU Member State and EU level.
8. Support the Volunteering Matters’ Head of European Affairs/Volonteurope Secretary General and the Secretariat in securing future projects.
9. Be an active member of the Volonteurope Secretariat and the wider Volunteering Matters’ team, and to contribute to the overall fulfilment of the Volonteurope Mission.
10. Travel and work across Europe including, at times, outside of regular working hours.
11. Work closely with Volunteering Matters’ External Affairs Directorate, and support other Volunteering Matters’ colleagues when required.
Appointment to this position is subject to an enhanced disclosure check. Having a conviction will not necessarily cause a bar to employment.
In return for your commitment we offer 25 days holiday per year (FTE) plus discretionary festive leave + public holidays. We also offer a 3% employer pension contribution, flexible working opportunities and enhanced employee benefits.
To apply, please send your CV, supporting statement & recruitment monitoring form to Andrew Balfour at email@example.com
Volunteering Matters is committed to the provision of equal opportunities in employment and accordingly wishes to ensure that no job applicant is treated less favourably on unjustifiable grounds. To assist in the monitoring of our performance in relation to equal opportunities you are requested to complete the enclosed monitoring form. The questionnaire is for statistical purposes only. Upon receipt it will be separated from your CV and cover letter and will not form part of the selection process.